The Saints are 4-0, which means good things for their playoff chances.
The New Orleans Saints pushed themselves mathematically closer to the postseason with their blowout, 38-17 win over the Dolphins on Monday Night Football in Week 4.
The Saints are now one of five NFL teams with a 4-0 record entering Week 5. According to Fox Sports, 81.8 percent of NFL teams that have started the season 4-0 have made the playoffs. Furthermore, 16.6 percent of teams that start 4-0 win the Super Bowl.
That's good news for the Saints, Patriots, Seahawks, Chiefs and Broncos, all of whom are still undefeated a month in the the season.
New Orleans missed the playoffs last season with Sean Payton suspended as a result of the bounty program. With Payton back in the fold and an improved defense under new coordinator Rob Ryan, the Saints look as good as they have since winning the Super Bowl.
History and math tell us they have a good shot at getting back there, too.
• NFL Debrief: Fading Falcons, Schiano's dilemma & more
• Watch: The sad Jets are back
• NFL Week 4 scores, injuries and GIFs | Pats win, Belichick tries to smile
• Reggie Bush's amazing TD run | Glee star celebrates brother's TD
• Watch Gene Simmons sing the National Anthem in London