The Cowboys are going to be without their main running back for a while after Sunday's win.
The Dallas Cowboys beat the Washington Redskins 31-16 on Sunday night at AT&T Stadium, putting them in a tie for first place with the Philadelphia Eagles in the NFC East.
Yet, the Cowboys now have a serious issue with running back DeMarco Murray going down with an MCL sprain. Murray, Dallas' leading rusher on the campaign with 428 rushing yards and another 164 via receiving, will miss some time as he recovers from the injury. There is currently no timetable for his return.
"Yeah, DeMarco, that’s going to be a tough loss," quarterback Tony Romo said per the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
When Murray exited the game, Joseph Randle began to get most of the action. Randle, a rookie and former Oklahoma State star, did not find much success with only 17 yards on 11 carries. However, he did find the end zone once.
• NFL Week 6 highlights, updates and more | Live NFL Scoreboard
• Packers lose Randall Cobb to knee injury | James Jones, too
• Oh no, Spilly made pumpkin beer | Spilly's recipes
• Danny Kelly: 6 ways to win the red zone
• "League of Denial" creators discuss concussion crisis