The biggest move of the day came from the Rams, who replaced Sam Bradford with the well-traveled Brady Quinn at quarterback, according to NFL Media's Ian Rapoport. Fellow free agent passer Austin Davis was signed by the Rams as well, per Rapoport. Quinn was cut on Monday by the Jets after New York activated David Garrard from the exempt list. The Rams are Quinn's sixth team in seven years. Bradford was placed on injured reserve and guard Brandon Washington was waived to make room for Quinn and Davis, according to ESPN's Nick Wagoner.
Here are some more of the NFL moves that were made on Tuesday:
- The Saints now have a third quarterback on the active roster. New Orleans activated Ryan Griffin off the practice squad, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. He will be behind Drew Brees and Luke Wilson on the depth chart.
- The Texans have released linebacker Tim Dobbins, according to to his agent David Canter. Dobbins and Canter claim he is completely healthy. The timing of his release is odd, as the Texans just lost fellow inside linebacker Brian Cushing for the season.
- The Vikings swapped cornerbacks on Tuesday. Minnesota claimed former Eagles cornerback Shaun Prater off waivers and cut the recently signed Jacob Lacey, according to Pro Football Talk. Prater appeared in one game for Philadelphia this season.
- The Lions released veteran Tony Scheffler after three season, according to Lions reporter Tim Twentyman. Scheffler lost snaps to rookie Joseph Fauria. The Lions signed offensive tackle Barry Richardson in a corresponding move, per Twentyman.
- The Atlanta Falcons signed veteran linebacker Thomas Howard and waived Jamar Chaney on Tuesday, according to Pro Football Talk. Chaney lasted only a few weeks with the Falcons and appeared in just one game. Howard previously played for the Bengals and Raiders.