Matt Barkley's return to NFL action hasn't been so good.
Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Matt Barkley entered Sunday's game as Michael Vick took to the bench with another injury. So far the switch isn't going so well.
Barkley has never been known as a particularly athletic quarterback, and it showed as he struggled to avoid defensive back Terrell Thomas on this play. To his credit, he does a good job of backpedaling to avoid the tackler, but that's where the play should have ended. Most quarterbacks have the sensibility to throw it away instead of trying to break for the sideline and look for a down field pass.
It's hard to know what's funnier here, the play or the fact Barkley thought he could out run Thomas.
• NFL Week 8 updates and highlights | Live NFL scoreboard
• NFL Week 8 picks: Good picks for bad games | Watchability
• Fantasy football rankings, advice and news
• Breaking Madden: The Buccaneers and their 44 Greg Schianos | More
• Is the problem Trent Richardson or the Colts' offense?