Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sports
The shootout in Big D was epic, and watched by a ton of people around the country.
The Denver Broncos beat the Dallas Cowboys 51-48 on Sunday afternoon at AT&T Stadium, with the two teams putting on one of the most memorable regular season shows in some time.
Apparently, the people of America agreed, giving CBS an 18.6 rating along with a 34 share, according to the Daily Gazette. The rating was the biggest for any regular season game this season, not surprisingly considering the amount of passing yardage and points put up.
The rating was massive by any standard. No other program has had a higher recorded rating since the 2013 Academy Awards which brought in a 26.1. Last season, no regular season game even garnered a 16 rating, with the highest number coming in at 15.9.
For comparison's sake, the 2012 World Series averaged a 7.6 rating and 12 share, according to ESPN.com.
• Lessons learned from every Week 5 game
• NFL week 5 updates and GIFs | NFL Scoreboard
• Vikings sign Josh Freeman to 1-year contract
• Typical Romo: 506 passing yards ... and game-losing INT
• Watch this punter get absolutely destroyed | #Lookit