The NFL Players Association has now stepped in to review the details leading up to Jonathan Martin leaving the Dolphins. The NFLPA is reviewing the role Richie Incognito played in the incident, according to a report from Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Martin reportedly left the team after an incident in the cafeteria. According to the ESPN report, several sources said Incognito was involved. The sources also said this was not an isolated incident, and there was similar behavior during Martin's rookie season last year.
A high-ranking Dolphins official was reportedly surprised by the allegations against Incognito, but according to the report, the NFLPA has already obtained details that indicate Incognito was one of the players involved in the prank. Regardless of what happened, Martin is apparently not blaming his teammates.
According to a report from NFL.com, Martin and Incognito had a conversation through text message on Friday with Martin saying he did not blame the players.
"Yeah, I'm good man," Martin wrote to Incognito, via NFL.com. "It's insane bro, but just know I don't blame you guys at all. It's just the culture around football, and the locker room got to me a little."
Martin is expected to be away from the team for several weeks while working through personal issues, according to Jeff Darlington of NFL.com.