The youngster will get his opportunity to shine against Tennessee with the receiving core struggling.
Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Da'Rick Rogers is going to get an opportunity to showcase his skill for the first time on Sunday against the Tennessee Titans, according to Phil Richards.
Rogers is a rookie who many NFL scouts believed was very talented coming into the April's NFL Draft, but had off-the=-ield issues that forced him to go undrafted. While at Tennessee, Rogers was suspended for violating team rules and later talked about failing three drug tests in Knoxville, per Yahoo!.
He then transferred to Tennessee Tech and appeared to straighten out, passing multiple drug tests. He signed with the Buffalo Bills out of college but could not make the opening day roster. Rogers then caught onto the Colts and has been on the practice squad until now.
Indianapolis has been decimated by injuries with Reggie Wayne tearing his ACL and tight end Dwayne Allen lost for the season with a hip injury.
• NFL Week 13 expert picks | 3 teams can clinch playoff spot
• A secret history of Thanksgiving football
• Stephen White: How to fix Geno Smith
• Kelly: Long live the read option
• How the NFL's most advanced game broadcast is made
• NFL Mock Draft: Where does Johnny Football go?