Thomas Campbell-USA TODAY Sports
Ben Tate will be shouldering the load for the Texans for the rest of the night.
Houston Texans running back Arian Foster suffered a back injury in the first half of Sunday night's game against the Indianapolis Colts and will not return to the game.
Foster, who entered the game questionable to play with a hamstring injury, went down with the back injury without recording a single carry or catch in the game. Foster has 541 rushing yards this season and one rushing touchdown.
Rookie Dennis Johnson joins Ben Tate as the only healthy running backs on the Texans' active roster for tonight's game. Houston's backfield has been hit hard by injuries. Tate was dealing with a rib injury at practice this week but will have to shoulder the load for the rest of Houston's game against Indianapolis.
• NFL Week 9 updates and highlights | Live scores | Chat with SB Nation's experts
• NFL picks for all 13 games | Week 9 Watchability
• Steven White: What happened to the Bucs?
• Breaking Madden: Let's put Brett Favre on the Rams | More
• How each team can make the playoffs: NFC | AFC