It was the almost-perfect ending to a long Jets drive, but he missed one thing.
New York Jets defensive end Sheldon Richardson put the "full" in fullback when he ran in a one-yard touchdown om tje third quarter against the Carolina Panthers.
It doesn't matter that Richardson is regarded as one of the league's most athletic young defenders, this is still a fat guy touchdown and will be celebrated as such. The real disappointment here is that the rookie didn't even attempt a dance afterwards.
The touchdown came on Richardson's second attempt. If at first you don't succeed...
Hopefully he'll learn that the dance is a beautiful part of his role in the NFL. Especially if the Jets continue to utilize a 294-pound defender as a running back.
• NFL Week 15 updates, highlights and GIFs | Live Scores
• Count out Touchdown Tom, Fins beat Pats
• GIFs: Steven Jackson bulldozes for a TD | Alshon Jeffery's crazy TD
• Vernon Davis scores, runs into wall | Victor Cruz out with concussion
• Breaking Madden: Tony Gonzalez, cranky old man of destruction