Cincinnati is hoping to wrap up the AFC North with a win and some help.
The Cincinnati Bengals host the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday afternoon at Paul Brown Stadium, hoping to make franchise history and clinch a third consecutive playoff berth.
Cincinnati comes into the contest as a 7.5-point favorite, according to Oddsshark.com. The over/under is 48.
The Bengals are coming off a loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers, moving their record to 9-5 on the campaign. With the Baltimore Ravens sitting at 8-6 after beating the Detroit Lions on Monday night, Cincinnati needs to top Minnesota and hope the Ravens lose to the New England Patriots to wrap up the AFC North.
If the Bengals win and the Miami Dolphins slip up on the road against the Buffalo Bills, they clinch a playoff spot.
On the other side of the coin, Minnesota is 4-9-1 but comes in with momentum after pounding the Philadelphia Eagles 48-30. The Vikings have been very competitive lately, going 3-2-1nin their last six games.
• Ref Jam: How to fix pass interference penalties
• Fumblr: In defense of the NFL stadium experience
• Uffsides: Week 16 NFL previews TOO BOLD for TV!
• NFL mock draft: Can Teddy Bridgewater save the Texans?
• Stephen White: 5 ways to beat the Broncos | Overrated QBs, underrated RBs
• Remembering a 22-year-old football player who died from a helmet-to-helmet hit