Umpire Butch Hannah has been taken to the locker room for treatment of an unspecified injury.
Umpire Butch Hannah took a shot while officiating the Browns-Jets game and has left the field with an injury.
Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie accidentally ran into Hannah just before halftime, knocking him to ground. He remained on the turf for a few moments before being helped off by medical staff. He's been taken back to the locker room for further treatment and his return is questionable. There's been no word on the specifics of the injury.
Here's Cromartie delivering the inadvertent blow. After getting the first shot, Hannah then staggers into defensive lineman Muhammad Wilkerson and goes down.
• Take a peek at a $100,000 fantasy football lineup (Sponsored)
• NFL Week 16: Updates, GIFs and playoff pictures | Clinching scenarios
• Swing game: Short passes & speedy players are changing the NFL
• NFL mock draft: Can Teddy Bridgewater save the Texans?
• Death of a football player: Helmet-to-helmet hit killed Derek Sheely