Good job, good effort.
Drafting former basketball players as tight ends is all the rage in the NFL, and Panthers defensive back Melvin White showed why it's a trend moving in one direction.
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so this is clearly an homage to Tony Gonzalez in his final game -- but this didn't go so well. At least hold onto the ball man!
This dunk attempt capped off a wholly bizarre sequence that saw the Panthers gain over 50 yards on a screen pass before fumbling inside the red zone, then Matt Ryan throwing a pick six to set up this dunk attempt.
• NFL Week 17 picks for every game | Watchability Index | Playoff picture
• NFL Power Rankings: 49ers, Seahawks steady at the top
• Pro Bowl: AFC rosters | NFC rosters | Snubs
• Stephen White’s Notebook: Stopping Russell Wilson
• Death of a football player: Helmet-to-helmet hit killed Derek Sheely