Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sports
The 2012-13 NFL season will come to a conclusion Sunday night, when the San Francisco 49ers and Baltimore Ravens clash in Super Bowl XLVII. Kickoff is set for 6:30 p.m. ET.
The 2012-13 NFL season comes to a close on Sunday, as the Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco 49ers will kickoff Super Bowl XLVII at 6:30 p.m. ET. CBS began its pregame coverage at 2 p.m. ET, leading up to the kickoff show at 6 p.m. ET.
Super Bowl XLVII's kickoff show will include team introductions, as well as musical performances by Alicia Keys, who will sing the National Anthem, and the Sandy Hook Elementary School's choir, who will perform "America the Beautiful."
The pregame festivities should end at 6:30 p.m. ET, which is the scheduled kickoff time.
Televised coverage for Super Bowl XLVII can be found on CBS, with Jim Nantz and Phil Simms providing the play-by-play and commentary. Fans unable to watch the game on a television can stream the game live at CBS Sports' official website, and Verizon customers can watch the game on their smart phone, through the NFL Mobile app.
While the NFC champion 49ers are favored by four points in the waning moments of betting before the game starts Sunday night, the AFC champion Ravens will be led into the showdown for the Lombardi trophy by quarterback Joe Flacco and a long-feared defensive attack.
The Ravens made their way through the AFC playoffs by topping the upstart Indianapolis Colts in the opening round before beating the Denver Broncos and New England Patriots on the road in order to make Super Bowl XLVII.
Baltimore was down late to the Broncos in Denver before a Hail Mary pass from Flacco to Jacoby Jones tied the game late in the fourth quarter, forcing overtime. After a scoreless first overtime period, the Ravens were able to capture the victory.
On the road the next weekend in New England, the Ravens got revenge for their heart-breaking loss in last year's AFC Championship Game by convincingly beating the Patriots in Foxboro to earn the franchise's second-ever Super Bowl bid.
The 49ers only had two games in their bid for the NFC title after earning a first-round bye after a strong 2012 season. Facing the Green Bay Packers in the NFC Divisional round, the 49ers beat the Packers for a second time this season, and clinched a berth in a second straight NFC title game.
After falling behind the top-ranked Atlanta Falcons early, the 49ers stormed back to capture the NFC title and a berth in the Super Bowl with a 28-24 win on the road behind quarterback Colin Kaepernick's strong performance. The Super Bowl bid is the 49ers sixth in franchise history, and they've won each of their first five appearances.
Any other questions? Here are some fast facts about tonight's Super Bowl extravaganza:
- Baltimore Ravens (10-6 regular season) vs. San Francisco 49ers (11-4-1 regular season)
- Date: Sunday, Feb. 3, 2013
- Location: Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Kickoff time: 6:30 p.m. ET
- TV channel: CBS (BBC, Sky Sports in the United Kingdom and CTV in Canada. A full list of international broadcasters is available here.)
- Live stream: CBS.com starting at 6 p.m. EST
- Announcers: Jim Nantz, Phil Simms, sideline reporters Steve Tasker and Solomon Wilcots
- Dial Global radio announcers: Kevin Harlan, Boomer Esiason
- Point spread: 49ers -4
- Money line: Ravens +155, 49ers -175
- Over/under: 48
- Picks: 49ers
- Lots of Super Bowl prop bets
- Previews of the Super Bowl commercials
- Tasty Super Bowl recipes and food ideas
- National anthem: Alicia Keys (Make sure you check out the prop bet on this)
- Super Bowl halftime show: Beyonce