No. 1 seeds in the NCAA Tournament usually have an easy path through the first round, but the same cannot be said of our 2012 NFL offensive touchdown tournament.
First-round voting concluded on Friday and six of the top eight seeds were eliminated. Three of the four No. 1 seeds took an early vacation, with Adrian Peterson's run against Green Bay the only No. 1 seed left standing. The top seeds didn't just lose, many were blown out by their lower-seeded counterparts.
Here is a look at all of the first-round results.
(8) Adrian Peterson Off To The Races defeated (1) Percy Harvin Has Moves On Moves -- 79 percent to 20 percent
(2) Doug Martin Muscle Hamsters Past Atlanta defeated (7) Mohamed Sanu Has Skills --69 percent to 30 percent
(3) The Packers Can't Stop Larry Fitzgerald defeated (6) C.J. Spiller Breaks Away -- 84 percent to 16 percent
(4) Jacoby Jones Super Bowl Spin defeated (5) Vick Ballard Dives FTW -- 56 percent to 44 percent
Peterson pulled the big upset by blowing out his former teammate. Jacoby Jones' Super Bowl touchdown was good enough to advance, but he will now face Peterson. Martin and Fitzgerald each advanced easily and will meet in the second round.
(2) Doug Martin Muscle Hamsters Past Atlanta vs. (3) The Packers Can't Stop Larry Fitzgerald
(4) Jacoby Jones Super Bowl Spin vs. (8) Adrian Peterson Off To The Races
The favorites took a beating in the North as No. 3 Dez Bryant was the only top seed to advance. No. 2 Chris Ivory lost by a single vote, 37-36. After upsetting the No. 1 seed, Jamaal Charles advances to face Santana Moss while Bryant will match up with Randy Moss.
(3) Dez Bryant Nonchalantly Destroys The Saints vs. (7) Randy Moss Still Has Moves
(5) Santana Moss Up And Over vs. (8) Jamaal Charles Is Still Really Fast
(1) Adrian Peterson Abuses The Packers defeated (8) DeAngelo Williams Screen And Score -- 79 percent to 20 percent
(6) Adrian Peterson Cares Not For Your Arm Tackles defeated (3) Jermaine Gresham Has Stiff Arms -- 81 percent to 18 percent
(4) RGIII Off To The Races defeated (5) Nate Washington Over The Back -- 54 percent to 45 percent
Adrian Peterson won not one but two match-ups in the first round of the West regional. If the two Peterson candidates can advance past Jamaal Charles and Robert Griffin III, it will be an all-AP final in the West.
(1) Adrian Peterson Abuses The Packers vs. (4) RGIII Off To The Races
(6) Adrian Peterson Cares Not For Your Arm Tackles vs. (7) Jamaal Charles Is Really Fast
(8) Cam Newton Goes Superman defeated (1) Justin Blackmon Hit And Run -- 59 percent to 40 percent
The No. 1 and No. 2 seeds in the South went down as Cam Newton and Riley Cooper rolled through the first round. Cooper will match up with Andrew Hawkins in the second round after Hawkins steamrolled Bryce Brown. Newton's opponent is still to be determined as C.J. Spiller and Trent Richardson tied in the first round. The match-up will be up for vote again, which you can do below.
(3) Andrew Hawkins Gets Shifty With It vs. (7) Riley Cooper Doesn't Need Two Hands
??? vs. (8) Cam Newton Goes Superman