The Colts have been signing everyone this offseason, but decided against Heyward-Bey.
Free agent wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey ended his visit with the Indianapolis Colts without a contract, according to the Indianapolis Star.
Heyward-Bey has played his entire career with the Oakland Raiders up to this point, but with a fairly new front office and cap problems the Raiders are letting just about everybody walk out the door.
Now, Heyward-Bey is headed to visit with the Detroit Lions to see if he can fit in as a No. 2 wide receiver opposite Calvin Johnson. Not a bad gig if you can get it.
After looking like a total bust in his first two seasons, Heyward-Bey has become a solid playmaker with average hands and elite speed. In 2011, the former Maryland Terrapin star had 975 yards on 64 catches before following that up in 2012 with 41 receptions and 606 yards.
Heyward-Bey is one of the top unrestricted free agents left on the market along with Brandon Lloyd and Early Doucet.
More from SB Nation:
• NFL mock draft: Finally, some clarity
• After talks stall, will the Raiders cut Carson Palmer?
• Ronde Barber will play for Bucs or no one
• Report: Gay NFL player considers coming out
• This is how Percy Harvin will help the Seahawks
• NFL Mock Draft: SB Nation bloggers are on the clock