The Green Bay Packers had a successful 2013 NFL Draft weekend in New York, scoring what they hope is an impact defensive end late in the first round and two possible sleeper running backs in the second and fourth rounds. All in all, the Packers made 11 selections at Radio City Music Hall in Manhattan over the past three days, but that haul did not stop the team from picking up a plethora of undrafted free agents beginning on Saturday night.
Green Bay did not choose a quarterback or safety during the 2013 draft, but quickly made amends by signing signal-caller Matt Brown from Illinois State and his defensive back teammate Ben Ericksen. The Packers also signed former Ohio State tight end Jake Stoneburner as an undrafted free agent, adding depth to their tight end rotation.
Here is a look at the list of undrafted free agents currently signed by the team, courtesy of Acme Packing Company:
- Matt Brown, QB, Illinois State
- Ben Ericksen, FS, Illinois State
- Gilbert Pena, NT, Mississippi
- Jake Stoneburner, TE, Ohio State
- Patrick Lewis, C, Texas A&M
- Andy Mulumba, OLB, Eastern Michigan
- Angelo Pease, RB, Kansas State
- Lane Taylor, OT, Oklahoma State