San Diego Chargers linebacker Manti Te'o will be unavailable to the media until the June 11-13 minicamp, according to Michael Gehlken, of U-T San Diego. A Chargers spokesman said Te'o being kept from the media is an "organizational decision."
Te'o was made unavailable to the media after the first day of OTAs on Monday, May 13, according to Matt Calkins, also of U-T San Diego, and will remain that way for nearly a full month. The Chargers selected Te'o in the second round of the 2013 NFL Draft with the No. 38 overall pick. He has been one of the most public sports figures since his fake girlfriend scandal surfaced at the end of the college football season.
By this point Te'o has answered every possible question about the situation and said that he wants to move on and focus on football. Te'o attended the Maxim Hot 100 party last week in honor of his fake girlfriend being included on the list, showing he can poke fun at himself. This team imposed media blackout will likely only increase the attention on Te'o once again when minicamp begins.