Jacksonville Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew still has not received assault charges for an incident that occurred in May, but they could still be on the way, according to Vito Stellino of the Florida Times-Union.
In the immediate aftermath of the incident, there were reports that Jones-Drew had been charged with battery; however, a police report obtained by SB Nation's Big Cat Country showed otherwise. On Monday, Jones-Drew said he has heard no update on the case since it was forwarded to the State Attorney's Office.
"They're still doing their investigation and waiting to see how it goes,'' he said.
Jones-Drew, 28, is accused of knocking out a security guard at Conch House, a restaurant in St. Augustine, Fla., after the guard allegedly put one of Jones-Drew's friends in a headlock.
Without an update on the case, the attention for Jones-Drew has remained on recovery from a Lisfranc injury that required surgery to repair and caused him to miss 10 games in 2012.