The Broncos are caught in an unenviable position with two members of their front office in hot water.
The Denver Broncos are expected to suspend Director of Player Personnel Matt Russell and Director of Pro Personnel Tom Heckert for their respective DUI arrests, according to Adam Schefter.
Heckert was arrested on June 17 for a DUI and careless driving, while Russell was arrested over the weekend of July 7 when he hit the back of a police car. Russell was subsequently charged with an open container of alcohol, failure to display proof of insurance and careless driving resulting in injury.
Russell has been with the team since 2012, while Heckert was only hired in May, coming over after working with the Cleveland Browns.
Vic Lombardi notes that the Broncos are expected to take action internally before the NFL can respond.
More from SB Nation:
• QBs get paid: Reviewing the latest extensions | Is Matt Ryan next?
• Misconceptions about the Eagles' QB situation
• Aaron Hernandez admitted to murder, according to court docs
• Roth: Your New Jersey Super Bowl tourism guide
• Everything you need to know about Victor Cruz's signing