Brandon Marshall will be ready for the start of the Chicago Bears' training camp, according to ESPN Chicago. Marshall was held out of offseason training activities and minicamp while recovering from offseason hip surgery. He told ESPN Chicago that he won't be held back when on-field work begins Friday.
"No limitations," Marshall said, "but we're gonna be smart. I'm going on my eighth year, (have) had a few hip surgeries, nothing major. But at the same time, we start playing games in September."
Marshall was initially cleared to practice at the start of June. He and Alshon Jeffery, who is recovering from a hamstring injury, had together missed the majority of the Bears' offseason workouts. Both players will participate at the start of training camp, giving Jay Cutler his expected top two targets heading into the 2013 season.
The Bears have so far been a lucky bunch, with reportedly no players expected to land on the team's physically unable to perform list going into camp. That could change with the team's conditioning test forthcoming, though head coach Marc Trestman does not expect any players to fail.
Via ESPN Chicago, once again:
"It's an opportunity to see that if somebody is not ready to go, it's a safety issued because those are going to be the guys on the ground (during drills because of fatigue)," Trestman said. "Based on what I saw in the spring, there isn't anybody who should have trouble finishing it."