As if the Redskins didn't have enough injuries to deal with.
The Washington Redskins have suffered another injury, losing nose tackle Barry Cofield to a broken hand, according to Chris Russell of ESPN 980.
Cofield was among four key Redskins injured on Monday night. The list includes quarterback Kirk Cousins and wide receivers Aldrick Robinson and Leonard Hankerson.
According to Russell, the index and middle finger on Cofield's right hand were taped up after he came out of the game, and the initial prognosis is not positive.
After the bad luck Washington has had with injuries in recent years, these latest injuries seem to have cruel timing. Although the severity of each is unclear at this point, no injury news is good news for a team already missing its starting quarterback, Robert Griffin III, as he returns from a torn ACL.
• Dustin Keller suffers complete knee tear
• Joe Buck, Randy Moss bury hatchet over mooning
• Aaron Hernandez writes another letter from jail
• Complete coverage of NFL preseason week 2
• Longform: Olympian Marquise Goodwin seeks success on the gridiron