Jeff Hanisch-US PRESSWIRE
The Ricky Stanzi Era in Kansas City is over, and 12 other Chiefs have been let go with him.
The Kansas City Chiefs cut 13 players on Sunday on their way to trimming the roster down to 75 players before Tuesday's deadline, according to Arrowhead Pride.
The most notable cut was quarterback Ricky Stanzi, meaning undrafted rookie Tyler Bray has beaten him out as the team's third quarterback. Here is the full list of cuts made by Kansas City:
CB Vince Agnew
DE Miguel Chavis
WR Terrance Copper
OL Ryan Durand
OL Hutch Eckerson
DB Otha Foster III
OL AJ Hawkins
DE Rob Lohr
CB Kamaal McIlwain
RB Jordan Roberts
WR Tyler Shoemaker
DB Neiko Thorpe
FB Braden Wilson
Arrowhead Pride gave some quick thoughts on the cuts:
- The Chiefs will still need to make a practice squad next week so some of these names could be coming back.
- Biggest surprises (so far) are Copper and then Neiko Thorpe ... but those aren't big surprises either.
- There is one draft pick on the list -- Braden Wilson, picked in the sixth round this year.
• Play the No. 1 free fantasy football game
• VIDEO: Rex Ryan’s press conference meltdown
• Geno Smith channels Dan Orlovsky in safety
• NFL preseason Week 3: Complete coverage
• Did the NFL strongarm ESPN out of concussion reporting?