San Diego got into the playoffs via controversy, now it looks to prove it belongs against a Bengals team which hasn't lost at home all season.
The Cincinnati Bengals are hosting the San Diego Chargers on Sunday afternoon at Paul Brown Stadium, looking to erase previous playoff failures.
Cincinnati is searching for its first playoff win since 1990, back when Sam Wyche roamed the sidelines and Boomer Esiason was chucking the pigskin.On the other hand, San Diego has to avoid the trap of simple being happy to be there.
The Chargers needed to have the Miami Dolphins and Baltimore Ravens lose last Sunday coupled with a win of their own to make the playoffs and got it. Of course, it took overtime and a few controversial calls to beat the second-stringers of the Kansas City Chiefs.
Over at CBS Sports, John Breech is taking the Bengals to keep their undefeated home record going strong. Of the other seven experts on CBS, only Will Brinson is rolling deep with the Chargers.
On SB Nation, Cincinnati garnered five of the six votes from our experts, with only Matt Ullford going with San Diego.
• Could Peyton Manning lose his single-season yardage record?
• NFL firing season coverage | Shanahan out in DC | Lions dump Schwartz
• AFC playoff schedule and bracket | NFC playoff schedule and bracket
• 2014 NFL mock draft: Offseason planning begins for 20 teams
• Death of a football player: Helmet-to-helmet hit killed Derek Sheely