New Orleans is trying to win on the road, something that has been quite an issue this year.
On Saturday night, the Philadelphia Eagles will play host to the New Orleans Saints at Lincoln Financial Field.
Philadelphia comes in as the NFC East champions, having dispatched the Dallas Cowboys 24-22 last Sunday night in a winner-take-all showdown. The Eagles are 10-6, mainly due to a quick-strike offense led by Nick Foles, LeSean McCoy and DeSean Jackson.
New Orleans is likely surprised to find itself in this position, after leading the NFC South most of the season. However, late-season losses to the St. Louis Rams and Carolina Panthers dropped the Saints to the No. 6 seed. Going 3-5 on the road this season also did not help matters, causing much concern heading into the playoffs.
Over at CBS Sports, John Breech still believes in Drew Brees and co., picking a 30-27 Saints win. Out of the other seven experts at CBS, five are rolling with the Eagles to defend their home turf.
From our experts at SB Nation, all are going with Philadelphia to advance for a matchup with Carolina except for Matt Ullford.
• Could Peyton Manning lose his single-season yardage record?
• NFL firing season coverage | Shanahan out in DC | Lions dump Schwartz
• AFC playoff schedule and bracket | NFC playoff schedule and bracket
• 2014 NFL mock draft: Offseason planning begins for 20 teams
• Death of a football player: Helmet-to-helmet hit killed Derek Sheely