The NHLPA wrapped up three days of meetings this week in Chicago in preparation for negotiations with the league on a new collective bargaining agreement. The players have refused to divulge exactly what they're after in these negotiations, but we do know they will begin Friday in New York City.
The NHLPA announced Wednesday a 31-player committee that will play the largest role in negotiations.
"It's great to see that so many players have chosen to participate in bargaining and get involved in the important work ahead for their Association," said Donald Fehr, NHLPA Executive Director, in a press release. "I'm certain this group of players and all players who will be attending bargaining sessions will do a great job."
All bargaining sessions are open to all players, but this group of 31 players will do much of the work on behalf of the entire union membership.
- Craig Adams (Pittsburgh Penguins)
- Adrian Aucoin (Phoenix Coyotes)
- Alex Auld (Ottawa Senators)
- David Backes (St. Louis Blues)
- Marty Biron (New York Rangers)
- Brad Boyes (Buffalo Sabres)
- Chris Campoli (Montreal Canadiens)
- B.J. Crombeen (St. Louis Blues)
- Mathieu Darche (Montreal Canadiens)
- Rick DiPietro (New York Islanders)
- Shane Doan (Phoenix Coyotes)
- Brandon Dubinsky (New York Rangers)
- Ruslan Fedotenko (New York Rangers)
- Alex Goligoski (Dallas Stars)
- Ron Hainsey (Winnipeg Jets)
- Scott Hartnell (Philadelphia Flyers)
- Jamie Langenbrunner (St. Louis Blues)
- Manny Malhotra (Vancouver Canucks)
- Steve Montador (Chicago Blackhawks)
- Dominic Moore (San Jose Sharks)
- Brendan Morrison (Chicago Blackhawks)
- Douglas Murray (San Jose Sharks)
- George Parros (Anaheim Ducks)
- Chris Phillips (Ottawa Senators)
- Cory Schneider (Vancouver Canucks)
- John Tavares (New York Islanders)
- Shea Weber (Nashville Predators)
- Kevin Westgarth (Los Angeles Kings)
- Dan Winnik (San Jose Sharks)
- James Wisniewski (Columbus Blue Jackets)
- Henrik Zetterberg (Detroit Red Wings)
For all the news surrounding the NHL's collective bargaining agreement and the ongoing quest to replace it, stick with this StoryStream.