Tom Szczerbowski-USA TODAY Sport
Bobby Ryan scored his first Ottawa Senators goal on Wednesday night.
After losing Daniel Alfredsson in free agency to the Detroit Red Wings, the Ottawa Senators went out and made a huge splash by acquiring four-time 30-goal scorer Bobby Ryan from the Anaheim Ducks.
It was a big move for an Ottawa team that's been on the rise for the past couple of years and added one of the league's best goal-scorers to their roster. After being held scoreless in his first two games with the club, Ryan managed to score his first goal in a Senators uniform on Wednesday night when he beat Jonathan Quick on the power play early in the third period to pull his team to within one goal.
• Watch Tomas Hertl go between his legs for 4th goal
• Flyers win Craig Berube's debut
• 3 reasons the Blackhawks repeat in 2014
• Is Ed Snider his own worst enemy?
• Will Seth Jones be hockey's first African-American superstar?