Mike Fisher might be hearing from the NHL for this hit on Cody Franson.
The Toronto Maple Leafs won again on Thursday night, picking up a 4-0 win over the Nashville Predators to improve their record to 4-1-0.
About the only negative development to come out of the game for Toronto was Cody Franson being on the receiving end of this hit from Mike Fisher late in the third period.
Fisher was given a five-minute major for boarding and a game misconduct, and you can be sure the NHL is going to be reviewing the play for potential supplemental discipline. Toronto scored two goals on the ensuing power play.
Maple Leafs coach Randy Carlyle said after the game that Franson suffered a cut on his nose (which was apparently caused by his visor) and that the team had no further information.
(Gif via @Goldandorsmith)
• 43-year-old Sergei Federov comes out of retirement
• Jonas Hiller's awesome Mighty Ducks mask
• Brad Stuart gets 3 games for hit on Rick Nash
• Watch Tomas Hertl go between his legs for 4th goal
• Will Seth Jones be hockey's first African-American superstar?