The Philadelphia Flyers lost forward Scott Hartnell to a lower body injury on Friday night.
Scott Hartnell exited Friday's game against the Phoenix Coyotes with what the Flyers are calling at the moment a "lower body injury."
He will not return.
Hartnell played just 3:38 before exiting. He was replaced on Philadelphia's top line by Matt Read.
In five games this season Hartnell has yet to record a point and is coming off an injury-shortened 2012-13 season that saw him record 12 points (eight goals, three assists) in 32 games, a noticeable drop from what he did the previous year when he led the team with 37 goals (leading the team) and 67 points.
• Should you ever choose to be 3-on-5?
• Ben Bishop day-to-day for Lightning
• Suspension coming for Mike Fisher?
• 43-year-old Sergei Federov comes out of retirement
• Jonas Hiller's awesome Mighty Ducks mask