Geoff Burke-USA TODAY Sports
The top pick in the 2013 draft finally cashed in on Saturday.
It's been a banner night for the Colorado Avalanche offense. They lead, 5-1, over the Washington Capitals in the third period thanks to some help from top rookie Nathan MacKinnon.
The first overall pick in the 2013 draft scored his first NHL goal in the second period on Saturday. MacKinnon showed off his superb hockey sense on the play, slipping behind Martin Erat to get in perfect position to tap in the pass from Paul Stastny.
No doubt there will be plenty more goals from that kid in the next few years. The Avalanche cashed in twice more in the third period and will be 5-0-0 if they hold off Washington.
• Should you ever choose to be 3-on-5?
• Ben Bishop day-to-day for Lightning
• Suspension coming for Mike Fisher?
• 43-year-old Sergei Federov comes out of retirement
• Jonas Hiller's awesome Mighty Ducks mask