1. Will Alex Ovechkin catch up to Sidney Crosby for the league points lead?
Crosby and Martin St. Louis both registered three points on Tuesday night, which catapulted them to the top of the league's scoring category. Ovechkin enters the night tied with Tomas Hertl with nine points. Can the Caps captain catch up?
2. Will the New York Rangers snap their three-game losing streak?
The Rangers have gotten off to a brutal start that has seen the team play all five of their games away from Madison Square Garden while renovations are being completed. The result has been a 1-4-0 start with a three-game losing streak entering Wednesday night.
3. Will the Rangers hold the Capitals under five goals?
Despite Henrik Lundqvist being a contract year, the Rangers have give up 25 goals against, which amounts to an average of five allowed per game. Over the span of their last three losses the team has allowed: Nine, six and five against. Will the streak of allowing five goals or more end Wednesday?
4. Will the Calgary Flames remain unbeaten (in regulation)?
No one expected anything from the Flames this season, but the group has jumped out of the gate with an impressive 3-0-2 record and will look to keep their point streak alive Wednesday against the Anaheim Ducks. Will they?
5. Will the Ducks keep their four-game winning streak alive?
Anaheim lost their first game of the year and haven't lost since. Will that remain the case after Wednesday?