1. How will David Clarkson fare in his debut with the Toronto Maple Leafs?
A 10-game suspension delayed the debut of the Maple Leafs biggest offseason signings. Expectations are high for Clarkson as his seven-year contract draws attention. How will he manage them in his first game?
2. Will Kris Letang have any rust?
The Penguins defenseman started the year on injured reserve but will return on Friday night. Pittsburgh has excelled without him in the lineup, which makes his return that much more interesting. How will the Penguins perform with the infusion of his talents?
3. Game No. 300 for T.J. Oshie. Will he do anything to mark the occasion?
71 goals and 130 assists in his first 299 games. Will he add to that total in game No. 300?
4. Will the Avalanche make history?
Colorado has allowed 11 goals through nine games this season and can set a record for fewest goals allowed in the first 10 games of the season, which currently stands at 12. The Avalanche will host the Carolina Hurricanes on Friday night, who have scored 23 goals this season (ranks 24th in the league).
5. Will the Sabres snap their three-game losing streak?
No John Scott and no Patrick Kaleta. The Sabres take the ice in Florida Friday night without their tough guys and look to end a three-game losing streak against the Panthers.