A daily feature that asks the five biggest questions about today's NHL action. Will they be answered? (That doesn't count as one of the five questions.)
1. How will Thomas Vanek perform in his debut?
Well, Matt Moulson set the bar fairly high. In his debut with the Buffalo Sabres, Moulson netted two goals. To you, Thomas Vanek.
2. Will Philadelphia extend their two-game winning streak?
Wins and goals have been few and far between for the Flyers this season. Can the team expound upon their five goal outburst on Saturday night or will the Anaheim Ducks shut them down?
3. Can Tampa Bay extend their streak?
Philadelphia isn't the only Eastern Conference team with a winning streak, as the Lightning are riding a three-game roll into New Jersey. Tampa has surprised many with their early season success. Can they extend it against the Devils?
4. Will the Rangers score three goals or more against the Islanders?
The Rangers have been held to two goals or less in four of their last five games. Will they find a scoring touch against the Isles?
5. How will Sam Gagner perform in his return for the Oilers?
Gagner sustained a broken jaw during the exhibition season and will make his return on Tuesday night. He'll probably be wearing a cage. Will it make any difference in his play?
• LIKE SB Nation NHL on Facebook!
• Does goalie fatigue impact a shootout?
• Watch Brandon Saad’s ridiculous game-winning assist
• The NHL’s illusion of consistency
• The Goal: The rivalry between two high schools where hockey is life