Matt Cooke already scored his first goal for the Minnesota Wild, but it wasn't without a little controversy.
It took Matt Cooke one minute in his Minnesota Wild debut, and because it's a play involving Cooke there had to be at least a little bit of controversy.
This time the discussion wasn't because of a questionable hit, but because it appeared that he kicked the puck into the net.
Judge for yourself.
Remember, you're allowed to redirect the puck into the net with your foot (or leg), but you can't use a "distinct kicking motion."
Cooke signed a three-year, $7.5 million contract with the Wild in free agency this past summer after spending the previous five years with the Pittsburgh Penguins.
• Coach fight! Roy breaks stanchion yelling at Boudreau
• 3 NHL general managers want fighting removed
• Henrik Lundqvist done talking contract
• Wayne Simmonds is scary when angry
• George Parros suffers concussion after fight