Marc-Andre Fleury took a page out of the Dominik Hasek playbook to stop a breakaway for the Bruins.
Usually when Pittsburgh Penguins goalie Marc-Andre Fleury ventures out of his goal crease it's bad news, or at the very least, a little uncomfortable given his struggles handling the puck at times.
But in the third period of Wednesday's game against Boston it all worked out for him as he decided to take a page out of the Dominik Hasek playbook by charging out of the night and making a diving a poke check to take away a breakaway opportunity for the Bruins' Daniel Paille.
• LIKE SB Nation NHL on Facebook!
• Does goalie fatigue impact a shootout?
• Watch Brandon Saad’s ridiculous game-winning assist
• The NHL’s illusion of consistency
• The Goal: The rivalry between two high schools where hockey is life