Bob DeChiara-USA TODAY Sports
Tuukka Rask had some problems with this Devante Smith-Pelly shot on Thursday night.
Anaheim's Devante Smith-Pelly scored his first goal of the season just two minutes into Thursday's game at Boston. It seemed that Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask was either not ready for the shot, or simply just whiffed on the one-timer from out near the blue line.
The play began when Ducks forward Dustin Penner intercepted a clearing attempt at the blue line and started a series of tic-tac-toe passes with Mathieu Perrault and Smith-Pelly.
Thursday's game is Smith-Pelly's fifth game of the season with the Ducks and entered the night with two assists on the season. The goal was his first since April 3, 2012.
• LIKE SB Nation NHL on Facebook!
• Does goalie fatigue impact a shootout?
• Watch Brandon Saad’s ridiculous game-winning assist
• The NHL’s illusion of consistency
• The Goal: The rivalry between two high schools where hockey is life