Henrik Lundqvist decided to use his mask to deflect a Tyler Ennis shot into the stands.
Henrik Lundqvist recorded his second shutout of the season (and the 47th of his career) on Thursday night in the Rangers' 2-0 win over the Buffalo Sabres.
Because the Sabres are quite bad, they didn't really challenge Lundqvist all that much and there were long stretches of this game where he probably could have taken a nap in his crease. With less than five minutes to play in regulation Lundqvist was apparently bored doing things the traditional way, and decided to use his helmet to deflect a long-distance shot from Tyler Ennis into the stands.
Because, sure, why not...
• LIKE SB Nation NHL on Facebook!
• Does goalie fatigue impact a shootout?
• Watch Brandon Saad’s ridiculous game-winning assist
• The NHL’s illusion of consistency
• The Goal: The rivalry between two high schools where hockey is life