This is not a play that will be going on Jonathan Quick's career highlight reel.
During his time with the Toronto Maple Leafs, goaltender Vesa Toskala gave up what has long been considered one of the worst goals in recent NHL history. It is still the measuring stick for all bad goals that goaltenders surrender (surely you remember the play).
On Monday night, Los Angeles Kings goalie Jonathan Quick did his best to throw his name into the discussion when this happened to him against the New York Rangers.
So that happened.
The goal was credited to Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh and it was a shorthanded tally. Obviously, it's not a play that's going on Jonathan Quick's career highlight reel.
Sometimes even the great ones have an off night.
• Flyers fire Peter Laviolette after just 3 games
• Charlie Coyle out 3-4 weeks with sprained knee
• Realignment rekindles Red Wings, Bruins rivalry
• Selanne wins in last trip to Winnipeg
• Will Seth Jones be hockey's first African-American superstar?