1. Will David Clarkson do anything in his first game against his old club?
Clarkson left the Devils this summer to sign with the Toronto Maple Leafs in free agency and Friday night marks the first meeting with his former teammates. Will he doing anything to mark the occasion?
2. Can the Avalanche avoid back-to-back losses?
Colorado has played 14 games this season and have won all but two of them. The Avalanche have yet to lose consecutive games this season, but could if they fall to the Calgary Flames on Friday night.
3. Will James van Riemsdyk play center and, if so, how will he do?
Toronto is injured up the middle, with Dave Bolland and Tyler Bozak out for sometime. That leaves a huge hole at center, which Randy Carlyle will attempt to fill with van Riemsdyk. JvR has yet to play center at the NHL level but has played the position at lower levels of hockey. How's this gonna play out?
4. Will the Anaheim Ducks remain unbeaten at home?
As was pointed out to me, the Ducks were way too low in our power rankings this past week. My bad; Anaheim enters Friday night with the most points in the NHL, a three-game winning streak and an undefeated record at home (6-0-0). They'll look to improve that mark against the last place Buffalo Sabres.
5. Will the Nashville Predators score four goals or more against the Winnipeg Jets?
Yes, the Predators have scored four goals or more in three straight games. Weird times these be. The normally offensively inept Predators have found a scoring touch and we're interested to see if they can extend it to a fourth game.