After an action-packed NHL Thursday night that saw injuries, suspensions and highlight-reel goals, Friday was much more relaxed. The night was dominated by one story, as the Chicago Blackhawks beat the San Jose Sharks in regulation and set an NHL record with a 17-game point streak to start the season.
All The NHL Scores
Get caught up on last night's NHL scores with recaps from our network of SB Nation team blogs. Here's a quick glance at the full night of action:
Prior to last night's games, we presented five burning questions regarding the night's action. Here are your cool, soothing answers.
They did it. The Sharks led the game 1-0 early on, but the Blackhawks scored the next two and claimed the victory and the point-streak record.
2. How will Marian Hossa play?
Hossa played more than 17 minutes and had two shots on goal. He doesn't appear to be suffering any ill-effects from the headshot he suffered in the team's previous game.
3. Will the San Jose Sharks score more than two goals on Friday?
No, the Sharks' offense remains ice cold. Right now San Jose can't score to save their lives.
4. Will the Vancouver Canucks extend their point streak?
They did, by shutting out the Nashville Predators, 1-0.
No, it ended in a 3-1 Pittsburgh victory. It's much harder to score five goals when you aren't playing the Flyers, I guess.
What moment from last night's games will be making headlines in the coming days?
Evgeni Malkin was injured crashing into the boards, and the sight of his head snapping back and the way he wobbled off the ice has to have Pittsburgh fans worried. As of yet, there has been no definitive word about his condition.
Here is video of the injury, from HockeyVideoHD:
Stat of the Night
Point streaks to start a season: Chicago (17*, 2012-13), Anaheim (16, 2006-07), Edmonton (15, 1984-85), Montreal (14, 1943-44). * - active
Post to Post
- The Sharks lost three games to Chicago during the Blackhawks' run to the record books.
- Copper and Blue reacts to Taylor Hall's two-game suspension.
- Chicago center Dave Bolland is day to day with an upper body injury, after leaving Friday night's game.
- Finally, check out this amazing save: