After a quiet Friday night, Saturday around the NHL was packed with hard hits, close finishes and some impressive performances. Missed it, did you? Don't worry, we've got you covered.
All The NHL Scores
Get caught up on last night's NHL scores with recaps from our network of SB Nation team blogs. Here's a quick glance at the full night of action:
Islanders 4, Sabres 0
Canadiens 3, Rangers 0
Stars 3, Sharks 1
Prior to last night's games, we presented five burning questions regarding the night's action. Here are your cool, soothing answers.
1. How will the San Jose Sharks fare without Ryan Clowe in the lineup?
Not well. The Marleau-Pavelski line registered 10 shots with the addition of Scott Gomez but didn't manage a single point. Without Ryane Clowe, it was up to Joe Thornton to take on the physical role the Sharks were missing.
2. Can the Buffalo Sabres finally get some momentum going?
The Sabres were shutout 3-0. So, no. Not at all. The only bit of momentum came when eternally frustrated goalie Ryan Miller tried to take out his anger at the end of the game.
(h/t YouTuber quin8722 for the video)
3. Will Montreal show the Rangers that they aren't boring?
4. Can Detroit break their losing streak?
They certainly did, pulling off a 4-0 win against the Predators. Jimmy Howard was fantastic, stopping all 33 shots he faced.
5. Can Dallas play a solid defensive game for once?
Considering the Stars were playing with with just four defensemen and a one-goal lead for the latter half of the third period and still managed to win, I'd say so. They also finally got some solid goaltending from someone not named Kari Lehtonen. Christopher Nihlstorp earned his first NHL victory by stopping 31 of 32 shots.
What moment from last night's games will be making headlines in the coming days?
Remember this guy?
Unfortunately for Ovi, his big night will be overshadowed by NHL realignment talk over the next few days.
Quote of the Night
Ryan Miller on frustration reaching a peak level for Sabres: "It's about goddamn time."— John Vogl (@BuffNewsVogl) February 23, 2013
Post to Post
- Mile High Hockey offers its opinion on the NHL realignment proposal.
- Fear The Fin asks if the Stars-Sharks rivalry matters anymore.
- If you haven't voted for Sad Tomas Vokoun then why are you even on the Internet?
- Finally, check out this game-saver from Jaroslav Halak: