Tuesday night's NHL action saw the Florida Panthers beat the Pittsburgh Penguins in a wild, wide-open, whatever you call the opposite of a goalie duel. Neither team will be happy with how its defense or goaltender played, but the Panthers came away with two points in the end.
All The NHL Scores
Get caught up on last night's NHL scores with recaps from our network of SB Nation team blogs. Here's a quick glance at the full night of action:
Prior to last night's games, we presented five burning questions regarding the night's action. Here are your cool, soothing answers.
1. How will Alexander Semin's return to Washington go?
The former Capital was greeted with an enthusiastic mix of boos and cheers throughout Tuesday night's game. He had four shots on net and a quality chance on a breakaway, but he and the Hurricanes were held scoreless.
2. Will the Boston Bruins extend their winning streak to four games?
The Bruins played a strong game and beat the Islanders 4-1.
3. Will John Tavares extend his point streak?
Tavares had four shots on goal, but finished Tuesday night pointless and a minus three.
4. Will the New York Rangers end their three-game winless streak?
The Winnipeg Jets hung on as the Rangers pressed late in the third period, and New York suffered its fourth straight loss.
5. Can the Calgary Flames win their third straight?
They got a point as they game went to overtime, but Minnesota's Zach Parise won the game and stopped Calgary's tiny winning streak.
What moment from last night's games will be making headlines in the coming days?
Stat of the Night
The Washington Capitals had 40 shots on goal in their victory over the Hurricanes. Alex Ovechkin had zero of those shots. He wasn't held without a shot in any game last season.
Post to Post
- Many players have found that playing in Europe to keep in shape has backfired.
- A breakdown of the Bruins' decisive victory over the Islanders.
- "Doug MacLean Shows His Hockey Expertise"
- Finally, who will win the Cole/Ryder trade?
More in the NHL: