Scott Rovak-USA TODAY Sports
Rinne should stick to stopping pucks instead of handling them.
Rule number one for handling pucks if you're a goaltender: Don't hesitate.
Pekka Rinne learned the hard way what happens when you break this rule.
One of the NHL's best in the crease every year, the Nashville Predators netminder made one of the worst plays outside the crease by a goalie this season in the first period against the Anaheim Ducks on Wednesday.
The Ducks dumped the puck in, Rinne went to retrieve it and then this happened:
That second of hesitation was long enough for Ducks rookie Emerson Etem to jump Rinne and forcibly remove the puck from his possession before dishing to Nick Bonino for the score.
More in the NHL:
• All the NHL realignment news
• Blackhawks have three records to break
• Dissecting the Michael Ryder trade
• John Tortorella’s not going anywhere
• NHL realignment proposal a dream for television
• The best of our hockey network