Five questions to answer as we prepare for a slow but entertaining night in the NHL on Wednesday.
1. Who wins the Habs vs. Bruins special teams battle?
The Canadiens are one of the best offensive teams in the league, and their power play has been potent, helping those numbers. The Bruins, meanwhile, are third-worst in the league on the PP, converting at just 10 percent. The Bruins penalty kill, however, has been successful 94.1 percent of the time. Special teams could tip the scales tonight.
2. Will Habs fans behave tonight in hosting the Bruins?
Canadiens blog Eyes On The Prize put together a list of rules for Habs fans to follow at the game tonight. Among them:
- Don't spill beer on visiting Bruins fans. Convincing them to go buy some at Bell Centre prices is enough of a prank.
- Do educate them about this year's version of the Habs. "We used to have this guy named Lars Eller, too, but we think Michel Therrien might have killed him and hidden the body."
3. Viktor Fasth has allowed just four goals in three games. Can he keep it up?
Fasth was one of the reasons the Ducks topped the Sharks on Monday night, and he's won all three of his first NHL starts. He's in the midst of taking the starting gig from Jonas Hiller, at least for the time being. Colorado isn't exactly the most difficult offense -- ranked just 23rd in offense -- but can Fasth possibly keep it up?
4. Do the Stars regret benching defenseman Alex Goligoski vs. the Oilers?
Defending Big D was shocked by the move that Glen Gulutzan will bench Goligoski in Edmonton. Philip Larsen will replace him in the lineup. Will Larsen be able to keep up, or will the Stars regret the change?
5. With Ryan Nugent-Hopkins out, the Oilers look rough at center. Can they match up against the Stars?
Hopkins, Horcoff and Belanger in the press box leaves the Oilers with one of the worst down-the-middle lineups in a very long time. Coach Krueger could try to match Gagner against Roy and hope for the best, but no matter how he slices it, two of his lines may be in deep trouble in this one.