Tuesday night was a busy one in the National Hockey League. On the positive side, the evening's action featured plentiful goal scoring, thrilling comebacks, huge clean hits and some quality fights.
All The NHL Scores
Get caught up on last night's NHL scores with recaps from our network of SB Nation team blogs. Here's a quick glance at the full night of action:
Prior to last night's games, we presented five burning questions regarding the night's action. Here are your cool, soothing answers.
1. Will the Chicago Blackhawks extend their point streak?
The Blackhawks beat the Wild 5-3, but they aren't fooling me. I know that their streak doesn't really mean anything, since it involves ties.
2. How will Thomas Vanek fare in his return on Tuesday night?
Vanek registered an assist, two shots, and a goaltender interference penalty in Buffalo's loss to Carolina. Not terrible, but not the magic elixir the Sabres need to turn their season around.
3. Will the Florida Panthers manage to get through Tuesday night's game without an injury?
It was a welcome night of good news for Flordia, with no players suffering injuries and strong performances from their young stars. Even if injuries limit the team this season, the future looks bright for the Panthers.
4. Will the Flyers game against the New York Rangers be decided by a final score of 2-1?
Nope, New York broke the streak and won 4-2.
5. Will Jonathan Bernier allow one goal or fewer in six consecutive games?
His luck had to run out some time. Bernier allowed three goals on eight shots before being pulled. His team did pretty well without him, though, and the Kings' offense chased Jaroslav Halak out of his own net in the third period.
What moment from last night's games will be making headlines in the coming days?
Marc Staal was struck near the eye with a puck, and fell to the ice thrashing around and bleeding. He's likely to miss some games for the Rangers, and the incident will probably inspire more than a few nightmares for people who watched it.
Stat of the Night
For the first time in their 86 year history, the
#Blackhawks have won 10 in a row.
Post to Post
- Losing to the Blue Jackets has become the definition of rock bottom for teams in the Western Conference...
- ...while in the East the New York Islanders play a similar role.
- From Brodie Brazil: Brad Stuart "lost something on that last PK"
- Alex Ovechkin responds to criticism from Mike Milbury with a pretty sweet burn:
- Finally, this game-winning OT goal for the Capitals' Eric Fehr was an absolute beauty. GIF from dimagus: