Four goalies were pulled, three games went to overtime, and a dirty hit to the head might lead to a suspension: just another busy night in the modern National Hockey League.
All The NHL Scores
Get caught up on last night's NHL scores with recaps from our network of SB Nation team blogs. Here's a quick glance at the full night of action:
Prior to last night's games, we presented five burning questions regarding the night's action. Here are your cool, soothing answers.
That depends on whether or not you consider "Philadelphia teams play sloppy, dumb hockey!" headline news.
2. Will Sidney Crosby extend his five-game point streak?
Three assists will get the job done. Crosby now has a four-point lead over Steven Stamkos for the scoring title.
3. Will the New Jersey Devils end their six-game losing streak?
Hey, Johan Hedberg played a good game! The Devils were down 2-0 in the third period, but Hedberg held the fort and the team rallied to win 3-2 in overtime.
4. Will the Columbus Blue Jackets extend their winning streak to three games?
They did it! The Blue Jackets beat the Canucks in overtime, and kept their little win streak going. Watch out, Chicago - here come the Blue Jackets!
5. Will the Los Angeles Kings win more than 50 percent of their face-offs on Thursday night?
The Kings absolutely dominated the Stars on face-offs, winning that battle 41 to 17. They lost the game 5-2 though, so figure that out.
What moment from last night's games will be making headlines in the coming days?
Stat of the Night
It's been more than 20 years (Jan. 17, 1993) since the Flyers blew a three-goal lead and lost in regulation, per Elias. That was against DET
Post to Post
- A joyful recap of Detroit's shutout of the Oilers, complete with a solid pun.
- And from the Edmonton perspective, a less-celebratory game recap.
- From NHL.com, video of the impressive overtime game winner from Columbus' Matt Calvert: