* San Jose Sharks forward Ryane Clowe is the big name on the forward market. According to multiple reports, the Philadelphia Flyers, Montreal Canadiens, Boston Bruins, Minnesota Wild, Vancouver Canucks and New York Rangers are all inquiring about Clowe.
Clowe is set to become an unrestricted free agent this summer, but a report out of his native Newfoundland states that he is going to be dealt to and sign an extension with the Flyers. Bob McKenzie of TSN believes the Flyers and Wild are the front-runners for Clowe.
* Apparently, the Flyers are interested in acquiring Clowe and defenseman Dan Boyle in a package deal, according to Tim Panaccio of CSN Philadelphia. However, a source has informed him that Philadelphia does not believe such a deal is feasible at this time.
* In addition to Clowe, the Flyers are looking at Dallas Stars forward Jaromir Jagr and Calgary Flames defenseman Jay Bouwmeester, according to a report by Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer.
* The Bruins are looking to add a forward and a defenseman prior to Wednesday's deadline. Despite being unable to complete a deal for Jarome Iginla, Boston has apparently returned to the negotiation table with the Calgary Flames. Forward Curtis Glencross is a name that has surfaced in trade talks, according to Joe Haggerty of CSN New England.
* However, Boston might not be the only suitor for Glencross, as Bruce Garrioch reports that the Ottawa Senators are also interested.
* The Buffalo Sabres are believed to be on the verge of restructuring their roster. Names such as Jason Pominville, Ryan Miller and Thomas Vanek have been mentioned as potentially available via trade, according to a report by The Fourth Period.
* In addition, defenseman Robyn Regehr is believed to be available. Currently in possession of a no-trade clause, Regehr stated on Monday that he would be open to waiving the clause dependent on the specific situation. He is playing in the final year of his contract and will be a free agent this summer. He confirms no extension talks have taken place.
* Darren Dreger of TSN tweeted out several notes about the deadline:
* Buffalo has yet to receive an offer intriguing enough to request Regehr to waive his no-move.
* Carolina Hurricanes defenseman Jamie McBain has surfaced in the trade market. The 25-year-old has one year remaining on his contract after the completion of this season. He will become a restricted free agent at the end of next season.
"There's certainly some trades that we could make that would not necessarily help the team right now but maybe give us some help in the future. And if we fall out of it, and if you clearly without a miracle aren't going to make it, you have to look at them. We have to look at ourselves. We're not happy. I'm not happy. The coaching staff is not happy. We're not happy with the performance of this team at all."