* Goaltenders appear to be the primary focus for this deadline. With the Toronto Maple Leafs peaking everyone's interest with the conundrum of Miikka Kiprusoff or Roberto Luongo, a few new netminders have drawn interest.
* Several individuals have identified Ottawa Senators goaltender Ben Bishop as player gaining interest from teams. The Philadelphia Flyers, Edmonton Oilers, Carolina Hurricanes and Tampa Bay Lightning have all inquired about Bishop, according to Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun. The asking price is believed to be a second-round draft pick and a prospect.
* The New Jersey Devils are no closer to a contract extension with pending-unrestricted free agent David Clarkson, according to Pierre Lebrun. He states the two sides are not engaging in any discussions. There are some discussions between the Maple Leafs and Tyler Bozak, but no hard negotiations, according to Darren Dreger.
* The Colorado Avalanche aren't actively shopping defenseman Erik Johnson, but if an attractive offer presents itself, the team will be willing to deal, according to David Pagnotta of The Fourth Period.
* The same scenario applies to Keith Yandle and the Phoenix Coyotes. The asking price for Yandle will be steep, according to Nick Kypreos of Sportsnet. He insinuates the Flyers are potentially interested, while Pagnotta adds that Sean Couturier will need to be packaged with additional pieces.
* The Flyers have fielded calls about forward Ruslan Fedotenko, according to Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News. He does not expect the team to move him given the injury to Max Talbot.