Jeff Skinner added another highlight reel goal to the collection for the Carolina Hurricanes. He didn't even need to face the net.
Jeff Skinner is on his way to a career year for the Carolina Hurricanes and he added his 22nd goal of the season on Thursday night when he scored this pretty one against the Buffalo Sabres.
After he steals the puck from defenseman Alexander Sulzer in the neutral zone, Skinner gets himself into a position to unleash a ridiculous backhand shot with his back to the net, beating Jhonas Enroth.
Skinner now has 19 goals in his past 25 games.
That's also two highlight reel goals for the Hurricanes in as many night as Skinner followed up the beauty Nathan Gerbe scored in Philadelphia on Wednesday.
• Which enforcers are good hockey players?
• A fan’s letter to Daryl Katz
• Power rankings: Blackhawks, the superior bird
• The NHL needs a Richard Sherman
• Olympics: Injuries might alter Canada’s roster | USA roster analysis
• Olympic rosters shouldn’t be built with NHL restraints