Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Spor
Welcome to outdoor hockey in Los Angeles, Jeff.
Let's be honest. Los Angeles is not the ideal location for an outdoor hockey game.
It's warm. It's humid. The players are sweating buckets through their jerseys. And, as Jeff Carter found out, the ice is getting a little sloppy.
That also sums up the game for the Kings so far, who trail 2-0 despite heavily outshooting Anaheim in the first period.
• Which enforcers are good hockey players?
• Do in-season coaching changes work?
• Power rankings: Blackhawks, the superior bird
• The Penguins’ Globetrotter hockey
• Olympics: Injuries might alter Canada’s roster | USA roster analysis
• Olympic rosters shouldn’t be built with NHL restraints