It looks like the United States men's national team will be getting to know Florida well. On Wednesday, it was announced that they will play Scotland on May 26 in a friendly at Jacksonville's EverBank Field and open 2014 World Cup qualifying with their first-ever match against Antigua and Barbuda on June 8 at Tampa's Raymond James Stadium.
These announcements seem to finalize the United States' plans through early June. Here's how it's now shaping up:
- Feb. 29: at Italy in Genoa
- May 26: vs. Scotland in Jacksonville, Fla.
- May 30: vs. Brazil in Landover, Md.
- June 3: at Canada in Toronto
- June 8: vs. Antigua and Barbuda in Tampa, Fla
Antigua and Barbuda went 5-0-1 with a +21 goal-difference during the previous round of qualifying to advance to this stage. The vast majority of their players have some ties to Antigua Barracuda FC, which played in the USL-Pro last season and went 9-13-2.